Monday 25 February 2013

Welder?

Dan has recommended a welding company which he uses for work and is only a couple of miles from us, so I gave them a call and the main guy, Carl, came down this afternoon to have a look at Bertie and a chat about what we want doing.
Having never knowingly even spoken to a welder before in my life, let alone commissioned one to work for me,  I was rather nervous and felt rather out of my depth. I talked about some of my ideas and the sorts of things we are wanting, including the seat frames and some remedial work to the back steps. Carl seemed to grasp what we are wanting, but said a few things which threw me a little - such as, "Well, you don't want to be paying us to do the straightforward jobs like cutting out the old floor and step do you. Surely you can do that yourselves?"! I didn't like to mention that the sharpest tool I have in the house is a pair of scissors...

Anyway, he seems like a good guy, good Norfolk boy, and hopefully it'll work out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment